Leatherman Poll (Closed May 25, 2011)
What should be done at the Leatherman's gravesite? (Select one)
- Leave his remains undisturbed. Place a new monument in a safer section of the Sparta Cemetery (69%, 356 Votes)
- Relocate his remains, perform on-site observational forensic study, but no removal of remains or taking/destruction of anatomical gifts for DNA or other testing. Add new monument (17%, 89 Votes)
- Relocate his remains, but no forensic study. Add a new monument (14%, 73 Votes)
Total Voters: 517Loading ...
Previous Leatherman Poll
Should the Old Leatherman's gravesite in Sparta Cemetery be left alone??
- Yes, let him rest in peace (81%, 404 Votes)
- No, Let's dig him up and do research on his remains (19%, 96 Votes)
Total Voters: 500Loading ...
Monthly Archives: January 2011
Recently, an article about exhuming the Leatherman ran on LoHud.com. The interesting thing about this article is that it is from the community where the gravesite is located. The researchers had previously stated that they haven’t heard much local opposition. … Continue reading
I went to Dan Deluca’s “Old Leatherman” presentation today where he shared some interesting new information about proof of the Leatherman’s presence, and shelters in Trumbull, CT. During the question and answer period, Dan was kind enough to recognize me, … Continue reading
I have received detailed responses from Dr. Nick Bellantoni, CT State archaologist, to many of the questions I sent last Monday, Jan 3. His responses are thorough, and he is open to further communication. I shared with him that if … Continue reading
I was able to do a really in-depth interview with the folks over at DamnedCT.com. Please let me and/or them know what you think of it. Thanks.
In the “Quoted” tab of this site, I have compiled a list of Leatherman “Quotes of the Day” in chronological order as I have entered them almost daily over on our Facebook Group page. Someone pointed out to me today that … Continue reading
Today Jan 5, in a span of just over one minute, between 5:49 and 5:51 p.m. 13 votes were cast in favor of the research project, almost doubling the # of votes in favor of digging up the Leatherman and … Continue reading