One hundred and twenty-two years ago today, the “Old Leatherman” took his final rest, alone at one of his shelters in Mount Pleasant, New York.
Leatherman Poll (Closed May 25, 2011)
What should be done at the Leatherman's gravesite? (Select one)
- Leave his remains undisturbed. Place a new monument in a safer section of the Sparta Cemetery (69%, 356 Votes)
- Relocate his remains, perform on-site observational forensic study, but no removal of remains or taking/destruction of anatomical gifts for DNA or other testing. Add new monument (17%, 89 Votes)
- Relocate his remains, but no forensic study. Add a new monument (14%, 73 Votes)
Total Voters: 517Loading ...
Previous Leatherman Poll
Should the Old Leatherman's gravesite in Sparta Cemetery be left alone??
- Yes, let him rest in peace (81%, 404 Votes)
- No, Let's dig him up and do research on his remains (19%, 96 Votes)
Total Voters: 500Loading ...