Leatherman Poll (Closed May 25, 2011)
What should be done at the Leatherman's gravesite? (Select one)
- Leave his remains undisturbed. Place a new monument in a safer section of the Sparta Cemetery (69%, 356 Votes)
- Relocate his remains, perform on-site observational forensic study, but no removal of remains or taking/destruction of anatomical gifts for DNA or other testing. Add new monument (17%, 89 Votes)
- Relocate his remains, but no forensic study. Add a new monument (14%, 73 Votes)
Total Voters: 517Loading ...
Previous Leatherman Poll
Should the Old Leatherman's gravesite in Sparta Cemetery be left alone??
- Yes, let him rest in peace (81%, 404 Votes)
- No, Let's dig him up and do research on his remains (19%, 96 Votes)
Total Voters: 500Loading ...
Monthly Archives: April 2011
The most effective way to let the team know how you feel about this project is by contacting them directly. Despite hundreds of votes and comments here and in local media in support of “Leaving the Leatherman Alone”, Norm MacDonald … Continue reading
“Absolutely Not” was Norm MacDonald’s response to my question about whether the OHS would reconsider certain aspects of the “Leatherman” project especially the ones involving the DNA and forensic testing. I believe him. He explained to me that he knows … Continue reading
I have finally spoken directly to Norm MacDonald, President of the Ossining Historical Society (OHS) concerning the “Leatherman” project. Apparently, the two emails I sent to the OHS, on 12/6/2010 and 3/21/2011 were never received. I will always admit when … Continue reading