Leatherman Poll (Closed May 25, 2011)
What should be done at the Leatherman's gravesite? (Select one)
- Leave his remains undisturbed. Place a new monument in a safer section of the Sparta Cemetery (69%, 356 Votes)
- Relocate his remains, perform on-site observational forensic study, but no removal of remains or taking/destruction of anatomical gifts for DNA or other testing. Add new monument (17%, 89 Votes)
- Relocate his remains, but no forensic study. Add a new monument (14%, 73 Votes)
Total Voters: 517Loading ...
Previous Leatherman Poll
Should the Old Leatherman's gravesite in Sparta Cemetery be left alone??
- Yes, let him rest in peace (81%, 404 Votes)
- No, Let's dig him up and do research on his remains (19%, 96 Votes)
Total Voters: 500Loading ...
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Being the eternal optimist that I am, I always choose to finish the above statement with “…In All Good Time”. It seems that the in the case of the Leather Man exhumation project, from where I stand, today this motto … Continue reading
So, while we await the announcement of what was found during the exhumation, I started wondering, “What’s next?” In the scenario that enough usable organic material is taken to be able to perform DNA testing, then: Will the data from … Continue reading
(UPDATE – As of 4:00 p.m. Sunday, May 22, digging has commenced. Link to pictures courtesy of Stephen G) The Ossining Historical Society announced Wednesday that the exhumation will take place in the next couple of days. The article about … Continue reading
Despite the concerns voiced by hundreds of citizens, it appears that the exhumation of the Leather Man’s remains, including the taking of “anatomical gifts” from him for DNA and forensic testing, will move forward as planned very soon. It could … Continue reading